Streets in the ‘Barrett’s Estate’ area of Orange are among the next to be targeted as Orange City Council $8 million roads program unfolds.
Road rehabilitation has begun in Racecourse Road from Woodward Road to Maple Crescent. Streets there are due to be sealed by early November.
The roadworks are the latest steps in a council plan to double the road spending over the next two years.
The program focuses on improvements to high traffic roads across the city. Details are being gradually finalised over the coming weeks as investigations into road repair options for particular streets are completed.
Road rehabilitation projects coming up next include:
- Barrett Street from Barrett Court toward Racecourse Road
- Woodward Road from Moulder Street to the Railway toward the South beginning early November
- Gardiner Road from Peisley to Lords Place to begin mid-November
City Council road maintenance crews have been busy working through requests from residents for pothole repairs. Crews have been applying both cold mix and some isolated hot-mix patching as well.
The Council’s jet-patching equipment has recently been undergoing electrical re-wiring under warranty and is now back on the road patching in both rural and urban locations.
Areas recently patched include:
- Cold mix patching to Huntly Road, Aerodrome Road and Ophir Road
- Jet – patching to Icely Road, Casey Street, Berrilee Road and internal roads to the Orange Cemetery and Lake Canobolas
- Hot mix patches to Leeds Parade and Molong Road.
Asphalt footpath maintenance has taken place on Autumn Street, Sale Street and Hill Street.
Work has begun on the construction of the Dalton/Hill Streets roundabout. It’s expected to be completed by the end of November, weather permitting. This project will also include pavement upgrades to Hill Street from Prince street to Casey Street. The Council’s concrete and drainage crews are currently focusing on the Dalton and Hill Streets roundabout.
Asphalt intersections have been re-constructed at the following locations:
- March/Winter Intersection
- March/Seymour Intersection
Road Rehabilitation works have been completed in the following locations:
- March Street between Nile and Autumn Streets (Sealed)
- Rossi Drive (sealed)
Maintenance of the city’s kerb and gutter network is also continuing with repairs to Coronation Drive and Talinga Place.
Work on footpaths in Tynan Street is continuing and scheduled for completion by the end of this month.