Meet Your Council
These Councillors have been elected to represent the community's interests in the Local Government Area of Orange City until September 2016.
To contact individual Councillors or to read a personal profile, click on their names or photos.
Cr John Davis OAM
Cr Jason Hamling
|Cr Ash Brown||Cr Kevin Duffy|
|Cr Ron Gander||Cr Chris Gryllis|
|Cr Neil Jones||Cr Reg Kidd|
|Cr Scott Munro||Cr Glenn Taylor|
|Cr Russell Turner||Cr Jeff Whitton FAICD|
Role of a Councillor
1. The role of a Councillor, as a member of the governing body of the Council is :
- to direct and control the affairs of the Council in accordance with this the Local Government Act 1993
- to participate in the optimum allocation of the Council's resources for the benefit of the area
- to play a key role in the creation and review of the Council's policies and objectives and criteria relating to the exercise of the Council's regulatory functions
- to review the performance of the Council and its delivery of services, and the management plans and revenue policies of the Council.
2. The role of a Councillor, as an elected person, is :
- to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers
- to provide leadership and guidance to the community
- to facilitate communication between the community and the Council.
The Mayor of Orange is elected by the Councillors annually in September of each year.
The role of the Mayor is:
- to exercise, in cases of necessity, the policy-making functions of the governing body of the Council between meetings of the Council
- to exercise such other functions of the Council as the Council determines
- to preside at meetings of the Council
- to carry out the civic and ceremonial functions of the Mayoral office.