Meet Your Council
These councillors have been elected to represent the community's interests in the Local Government Area of Orange until September 2020.
0407 892 614
- Orange Health Liason Committee
- Cultural Heritage Committee
- Orange Regional Museum Committee
- Centenary of WWI Committee
- Floodplain Managment Committee
- Orange Showground Committee
- Parks, Trees and Waterways Committtee
0437 451 947
- Clifton Grove Committee
- Finance Policy Committee
0418 652 499
- Services Policy Committee
- Tidy Towns Committee
- Orange Conservatorium and Planetarium Committee
- Ageing and Access Committee
0418 676 863
- Sport and Recreation Committee
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Committee
0437 172 598
- Spring Hill Committee
- Lucknow Committee.
0428 650 675
0437 293 177
- Companion Animals Committee
- Environmental Sustainability Committee
0437 447 367
0403 407 279
- Orange Airport Consultative Committee
- Infrastructure Policy Committee.
0438 623 167
0427 290 923
- Planning and Development Committee
- City of Orange Traffic Committee
0418 961 581
- Employment and Economic Development Policy Committee
- Economic Development Community Committee.
Role of a Councillor
1. The role of a Councillor, as a member of the governing body of the Council is :
- to direct and control the affairs of the Council in accordance with this the Local Government Act 1993
- to participate in the optimum allocation of the Council's resources for the benefit of the area
- to play a key role in the creation and review of the Council's policies and objectives and criteria relating to the exercise of the Council's regulatory functions
- to review the performance of the Council and its delivery of services, and the management plans and revenue policies of the Council.
2. The role of a Councillor, as an elected person, is :
- to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers
- to provide leadership and guidance to the community
- to facilitate communication between the community and the Council.
The role of the Mayor is:
- to exercise, in cases of necessity, the policy-making functions of the governing body of the Council between meetings of the Council
- to exercise such other functions of the Council as the Council determines
- to preside at meetings of the Council
- to carry out the civic and ceremonial functions of the Mayoral office.