Meet Your Council
These councillors have been elected to represent the community's interests in the Local Government Area of Orange City until September 2020.
0407 892 614
0437 451 947
0418 652 499
0418 676 863
0437 172 598
0428 650 675
0437 293 177
0437 447 367
0403 407 279
0438 623 167
0427 290 923
0418 961 581
Role of a Councillor
1. The role of a Councillor, as a member of the governing body of the Council is :
- to direct and control the affairs of the Council in accordance with this the Local Government Act 1993
- to participate in the optimum allocation of the Council's resources for the benefit of the area
- to play a key role in the creation and review of the Council's policies and objectives and criteria relating to the exercise of the Council's regulatory functions
- to review the performance of the Council and its delivery of services, and the management plans and revenue policies of the Council.
2. The role of a Councillor, as an elected person, is :
- to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers
- to provide leadership and guidance to the community
- to facilitate communication between the community and the Council.
The role of the Mayor is:
- to exercise, in cases of necessity, the policy-making functions of the governing body of the Council between meetings of the Council
- to exercise such other functions of the Council as the Council determines
- to preside at meetings of the Council
- to carry out the civic and ceremonial functions of the Mayoral office.