Orange City Council has demonstrated its commitment to the Orange Aboriginal community in many ways including:
- Developing the Statement of Commitment
- Developing the Orange Aboriginal Development Strategy
- Conducting an Aboriginal Employment Strategy
- Growing the Bush Babies concept through the Orange Supported Playgroup
- Providing support in the development of the Aboriginal Community Social Development Plan
- Producing the Orange Aboriginal Heritage Report which can be downloaded here.
Orange Aboriginal Services Directory
The Council also maintains, promotes and distributes the Aboriginal Services Directory on behalf of the Aboriginal community. This directory provides information on Aboriginal specific services or Aboriginal workers and contacts for mainstream and government agencies. The directory is currently being updated and will be loaded to the page once available. Should you wish to gain specific information or contact details, please contact the Central West Aboriginal Community Engagement Officer for Orange City Council, Jordon Moore on: JMoore@orange.nsw.gov.au or phone: 6393 8052 or 0427 293 753
The Aboriginal community has organised local NAIDOC Week celebrations for many years. This page has details of the latest program of events.