Orange City Council is working to provide the highest possible standard of facilities in our city for residents and visitors. We're also working with the community to plan for a future that reflects our values and provides options that combine the best balance of city and country.
Discover what's available in Orange
- Orange City Library located in Civic Square, and member of Central West Libraries, is considered one of the best public libraries in NSW. Open 7 days a week the Library provides a diverse range of services for the whole community.
- The adjacent Orange Civic Theatre is a multipurpose venue, which offers a diverse annual program including many local, national and international touring productions.
- Orange Regional Gallery next to the Library is one of the best galleries west of Sydney. Regular exhibitions provide challenging and dynamic representations of both local, regional and international art.
- Orange's recreation and sporting facilities are second to none. Whether you are interested in swimming, horse riding, golf, athletics, tennis, bowls or sailing Orange has the facilities for you.
- Council offers a range of venues available for hire to meet your needs.
- Orange Aerodrome is located 15 kilometres south east of Orange and is serviced by Regional Express (REX), providing passenger services between Orange and Sydney. It has a vital role as a gateway to Orange and the surrounding region.
- The Orange General Cemetery on Lone Pine Avenue has been in continuous use for over 150 years with the oldest surviving headstone dating from 1854. The Cemetery is open from 7.30 am to sunset each day of the year.
Spend some time exploring this part of our site to discover what's available in Orange: