Airport Expansion Stages
A major project such as this Airport Expansion will happen in stages.
- Expanding aircraft parking area by 5470 square metres,
- widening ‘Taxiway A’ by 1150 square metres,
- widening and strengthening ‘Taxiway B’ to 8900 square metres,
- extend taxiway,
- construct access road,
- upgrade water, sewerage and drainage services to existing general aviation area and
- property purchases
- 2.2km of relocated rural road, including associated service relocations, fencing and drainage works
- A 538m long, 30m wide bitumen sealed runway extension including associated directional lighting and pavement markings.
- A 480 square metre extension of the Orange Airport Terminal building including additional area for arrivals and departures, additional check-in facilities, under cover baggage handling area and improved café facilities.
- A new series of concept drawings have been prepared for the expanded terminal.