Donations & Grants:
Orange City Council calls for applications for grants
Orange City Council is asking for applications from community groups who want to access Council’s financial assistance program.
The aim of the program is to provide financial assistance to community groups who provide direct benefits to the community.
The value of the financial assistance program is now close to $200,000 as it now includes:
- rates reimbursements
- sporting representations
- sporting capital grants
- heritage grants
Donations and grants policies
The donations and grants policies include guidelines on how to make an application for donations/financial support.
There are six categories and they are considered once-a-year or once-a-quarter. Funding is not available retrospectively (for past years) and applications must be made every year.
Donations and grants categories
You can make an application for financial assistance under different categories.
- Rates and reimbursement of not-for-profit organisations. These will be considered annually as part of the budget process.
- Organisations/Groups seeking ongoing yearly subsidies up to $3,000 per year. These will be considered annually as part of the budget process.
- Sports Facility Partnership Program - total available in one year $50,000, with a maximum of $15,000 per application, matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by the applicant. These will be considered annually as part of the budget process.
Orange City Council staff members are available to handle inquiries about each category of grant.
- Sport – Ben Keegan 6393 8535 ... You can can more information about sports grants here.
- Heritage – Allison Russell 6393 8170 ... You can find more information about heritage grants here.
- All other requests for funding – Josie Sanders 6393 8102
As part of the application procss there is a focus on identifying the local benefit the event/project will bring to the Orange community.
For this reason, applicants need to specify which strategy their project alings to, from Orange City Council’s ‘Community Strategic Plan’.
The Community Strategic Plan can be downloaded here.
In the application form there is also a section for applicants to identify which local businesses they will use, so Orange City Council can try to to track the broader benefit and impact of this program.
The Council has sent a letter to previous applicants, advising that new applications are being invited.
You can find more information in the City Council's Donations and Grants policies.
For convenience, you can also download the Application Form - Donations and Grants (2016) application form as a editable WORD file.
Where projects are approved with a value of $3,000 or more Orange City Council may require a funding agreement to be signed, such as this Sample Funding Agreement - Donations and Grants
Timing of Applications
Orange City Council encourages members of the community to make written submissions by 4pm on 24 February 2017 so they can all be considered at the same time as part of the annual budget deliberations.
The budget allocations for grants are limited and the grants are made 'first come, first serve.'
However, community groups may make submissions throughout the year.
Applications can be :
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to
Orange City Council
PO Box 35
ORANGE NSW 2800