Staging an event on Council-owned land
Do you want to run an event on Council-owned or managed land and not sure where to start?
If you'd like to stage a special event at a location owned or managed by Orange City Council, such as a park, a sportsfield or other recreation area, then you may need approval from the Council before the event can go ahead.
Orange City Council has developed two Event Kits to assist you. These Kits will help you (the event organiser) in navigating your way through some of the questions involved in organising an event and supplying the correct information on the correct forms so you can gain approval.
As events are held for many reasons and can be in all shapes, sizes and locations, two different Events Kits have been developed. Each kit contains event planning information and application forms.
Category 1 Private Events Kit
- The event is not open to the public
- No more than 150 people will be attending
- No alcohol will be sold
- There are no mechanical amusement rides
- No food will be sold
- No traffic disruption will occur
Examples of events where the Private Events Kit should be used are :
- a wedding held in Cook Park
- birthday parties staged in a local park
- a small sporting event for schools held at a local sportsfield
Where events like these are held on private property, Council approval is not requried.
The Category 1 Events Kit - complete with forms (4.6 MB) can be downloaded here.
Category 2 Events Kit
- The event is open to the public
- More than 150 people will be attending
- There will be mechanical amusement rides
- There will be fireworks displays
- There will be food sold
- There will be large temporary structures/stages
- There will be traffic disruption or road closure
- There will be noise/parking implications
- Waste management/amenities management will be required
The Category 2 Event Kit - complete with forms (4.31 MB) can be downloaded here.
Both kits contain the application forms you will need to provide the correct information to Council. If you prefer, you can also download the specific application forms, separately to the overall kit, here:
Particularly for Category 2 events, guides have also been developed to assist in providing other required documentation like Risk Assessments, Site Plans, Waste Management, etc. You can download the guides here:
Still unsure what Event Kit to use? Other Questions or queries? Please contact Council’s City Presentation Section on 6393 8237 or 6393 8535