Skip to main content


By January 14, 2021February 2nd, 2021News, Waste


Do I need to make a booking for a kerbside collection?:

No. The kerbside bulky waste collection will occur once, during a two-week period. The timing of your bulky waste collections depends on the same ‘Week A / Week B’ yellow-bin recycling collection calendars, which are generally based on your location compared to Anson Street.
· If you live east of Anson Street, please place your bulky waste out on Sunday 31 January.
· If you live west of Anson Street, please place your bulky waste out on Sunday 14 February.
The collection will occur at any time during the two weeks after this date. There will be only one collection from your address. Once your bulky waste has been collected, please do not put out more waste. It will not be collected again.
If you would like a bulky waste kerbside collection outside of these times, during the course of the year, you will need to phone Council for an extra collection at a cost to you.

A charge for a bulky waste collection appeared on my rates the last two quarters, does that mean there is more than one collection?

No, there is only one bulky waste collection scheduled for this financial year. The charge is an annual charge, split over the four quarters. However, if residents have access to a ute or a trailer, they can come to the Civic Centre and get a voucher that lets them take a load of this bulky waste to the Recovery Centre for free.

One truck has come passed my house and collected items but there are still some left. What does this mean? 

There are three separate trucks that are collecting either whitegoods, metal items and other bulky waste. We can recycle white goods and metal but only if they are placed in separate piles.

That means if you see one truck come by and collect some waste but not everything, that’s not a problem. The other trucks will be along later.

Or you have put out items which cannot be collected. See below to read which items are suitable for collection.

Can I put out household appliances such as electronic appliances like vacuums to be collected?

Yes, however this does not include ‘e-waste’.
• E-Waste will not be collected in the kerbside bully waste collections. E-waste are products such as TVs, computers, monitors etc. Basically “technology’ products.
• Household appliances will be collected. This includes products such as vacuums, fans, toasters, etc.

Where do I put my bulky waste?
Please place your bulky waste neatly next to the edge of the kerb on the nature strip and not blocking the footpath. Place it close to the spot where you normally place your bins each week. Please secure items to avoid windblown littering.
How much bulky waste can I put out?

The volume of waste collected from any one property must be less than two cubic metres or about the size of a standard (6’ x 4’) level box trailer.

Please make sure :
· Items must be of manageable size for two people to lift (Max 30kg)
· Loose items must be tied securely with rope or string (not wire), into bundles or contained in sturdy boxes.
So that we can recycle as much of the bulky waste as possible, three trucks will come by each address at about the same time.
Please separate your waste into:
• metal items
• whitegoods
• and other bulky waste

Here is a list of possible items which will be taken away:

· Household appliances and Whitegoods
· Scrap metal—lawn mowers, wheelbarrows, barbeques, bicycles, hot water systems
· Tins and drums (empty)
· Pottery, ceramics and chinaware
· Household bulky waste items

Here is a list of bulky waste items which will NOT be taken away:

· Materials that are more than 2 cubic metres
·E-Waste – products such as TVs, computers, monitors etc. Basically “technology’ products.
· Mattresses
· Mirrors, glass tabletops, window panes and glass sliding doors
· Material suitable for putting in the resident’s regular waste bins —eg. food scraps, green waste, recyclables and household garbage
· Asbestos or fibro
· Trade, industrial and shop wastes
· Cement bags and sawdust
· Insulation batts
· Motor vehicles, engines and car parts
· Building and demolition materials, concrete and bricks, tiles, fencing or plumbing fixtures
· Large carpet rolls
· Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
· Prunings, branches, garden vegetation, large tree trunks and thorny bushes
· Hazardous waste
· Batteries
· Tyres
· Fuels or oils
· Liquids or paint

Please do not put out any of these items for your bulky waste collection. These items will not be taken away and you will be responsible for removing them from outside your home. Some of these items, such as e-waste and oils can be taken for free to your Community Recycling Centre.

One Comment

Leave a Reply