Yarrawong Children’s Centre
Yarrawong Children’s Centre is located in a quiet cul de sac in Bel Air, West Orange. Yarrawong has a large, well-equipped, natural playground that has the benefit of lots of shade trees and backs onto a nature reserve. The centre’s natural setting has been instrumental in the success of providing a well-recognised sustainability and environmental education program.
Our play-based curriculum has been developed with valued contributions from children and their families. We embrace the importance of children belonging to, becoming part of, and being recognised as valued members of our culturally diverse society.
Our children are offered a wide variety of opportunities to further extend their learning by attending events and locations in the community and through attendance at centre workshops by visiting performers. Although excursions are an added expense to parents on some occasions, we make every effort to keep the cost as low as possible.
We believe children have the right to form safe and secure attachments and positive relationships with our highly qualified educators, as this will enable them to develop life long skills and support individual development.
Points of Interest
- All of our educators have been trained in early childhood through University or appropriate TAFE courses, with varrying levels of experience.
- We are currently licensed for 61 children between the ages of six weeks to school age.
- Each child has an individual learning program and participates in a balance of indoor and outdoor play.
- Children are provided with nutritious meals at morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea that are prepared onsite by a qualified chef. Parents are requested to provide fruit. Nappies and sunscreen are also provided as required.
- Yarrawong operates 50 weeks of the year, incorporating most of the school holidays with a shut down period for two weeks over the Christmas period. Educational programs continue at the centre over school holidays.
As an added benefit, Yarrawong Children’s Centre is located next door to the Orange and District Early Educational Program (ODEEP), an early intervention service. We also offer pre-school eye and dental screening and are a Cancer Council Sun Safe accredited centre.