Cr Reg Kidd, Mayor0407 892 614 [email protected]
Orange Health Liason Community Committee, Cultural Heritage Community Committee, Orange Regional Museum Community Committee, Centenary of WWI Community Committee, Floodplain Risk Management Committee, Orange Showground Community Committee and Parks, Trees and Waterways Community Committee.
Cr Kevin Duffy0418 652 499 [email protected]
Finance Policy Committee, Tidy Towns Community Committee, Orange Conservatorium and Planetarium Community Committee and Ageing and Access Community Committee.
Cr Jason Hamling0418 676 863 [email protected]
Sport and Recreation Policy Committee, Community Safety and Crime Prevention Community Committee, Sport and Recreation (including bicycling) Community Committee.
Cr Tony Mileto0437 172 598 [email protected]
Employment and Economic Development Policy Committee, Spring Hill Community Committee and Lucknow Community Committee.
Cr Scott Munro0428 650 675 [email protected]
Services Policy Committee
Cr Stephen Nugent0437 293 177 [email protected]
Environmental Sustainability Policy Committee, Companion Animals Community Committee and Environmental Sustainability Community Committee.
Cr Sam Romano0403 407 279 [email protected]
Orange Airport Community Committee.
Cr Glenn Taylor0438 623 167 [email protected]
Cr Russell Turner0427 290 923 [email protected]
Planning and Development Policy Committee and City of Orange Traffic Committee.
Cr Jeff Whitton0419 588 815 [email protected]
Infrastructure Policy Committee, Economic Development Community Committee.
Role of a Councillor
The role of a Councillor, as a member of the governing body of the Council is:
- to direct and control the affairs of the Council in accordance with this the Local Government Act 1993
- to participate in the optimum allocation of the Council’s resources for the benefit of the area
- to play a key role in the creation and review of the Council’s policies and objectives and criteria relating to the exercise of the Council’s regulatory functions
- to review the performance of the Council and its delivery of services, and the management plans and revenue policies of the Council.
The role of a Councillor, as an elected person, is:
- to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers
- to provide leadership and guidance to the community
- to facilitate communication between the community and the Council.
Role of the Mayor
- to exercise, in cases of necessity, the policy-making functions of the governing body of the Council between meetings of the Council
- to exercise such other functions of the Council as the Council determines
- to preside at meetings of the Council
- to carry out the civic and ceremonial functions of the Mayoral office.