Cr Reg Kidd, Mayor0407 892 614 email@example.com
Orange Health Liason Community Committee, Cultural Heritage Community Committee, Orange Regional Museum Community Committee, Centenary of WWI Community Committee, Floodplain Risk Management Committee, Orange Showground Community Committee and Parks, Trees and Waterways Community Committee.
- 0437 451 947 firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Policy Committee, Clifton Grove Community Committee.
Cr Kevin Duffy0418 652 499 email@example.com
Tidy Towns Community Committee, Orange Conservatorium and Planetarium Community Committee and Ageing and Access Community Committee.
Cr Jason Hamling0418 676 863 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport and Recreation Policy Committee, Community Safety and Crime Prevention Community Committee, Sport and Recreation (including bicycling) Community Committee.
Cr Tony Mileto0437 172 598 email@example.com
Employment and Economic Development Policy Committee, Spring Hill Community Committee and Lucknow Community Committee.
Cr Scott Munro0428 650 675 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cr Stephen Nugent0437 293 177 email@example.com
Services Policy Committee, Companion Animals Community Committee and Environmental Sustainability Committee.
Cr Mario Previtera0437 447 367 firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Sustainability Policy Committee
Cr Sam Romano, Deputy Mayor0403 407 279 email@example.com
Infrastructure Policy Committee, Orange Airport Community Committee.
Cr Glenn Taylor0438 623 167 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cr Russell Turner0427 290 923 email@example.com
Planning and Development Policy Committee and City of Orange Traffic Committee.
Cr Jeff Whitton0418 961 581 firstname.lastname@example.org
Economic Development Community Committee.
Role of a Councillor
The role of a Councillor, as a member of the governing body of the Council is:
- to direct and control the affairs of the Council in accordance with this the Local Government Act 1993
- to participate in the optimum allocation of the Council’s resources for the benefit of the area
- to play a key role in the creation and review of the Council’s policies and objectives and criteria relating to the exercise of the Council’s regulatory functions
- to review the performance of the Council and its delivery of services, and the management plans and revenue policies of the Council.
The role of a Councillor, as an elected person, is:
- to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers
- to provide leadership and guidance to the community
- to facilitate communication between the community and the Council.
Role of the Mayor
- to exercise, in cases of necessity, the policy-making functions of the governing body of the Council between meetings of the Council
- to exercise such other functions of the Council as the Council determines
- to preside at meetings of the Council
- to carry out the civic and ceremonial functions of the Mayoral office.