- This event has passed.
Governing to Protect Vulnerable People – Orange
September 18, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$595
As directors and stewards of the organisations we serve, we have a responsibility to speak up and to shine a light on complex and opaque governance structures that allow for wrongdoing to go unnoticed or wilfully ignored. We must adopt an enquiring mind in the pursuit of important missions and in undertaking the work required to reform broken systems.
This course will provide tools for you to:
- Apply the key governance lessons from recent institutional failures and how to identify if your organisation is at risk of failure to protect vulnerable people;
- Facilitate a culture of accountability and disclosure at your organisation;
- Understand what is required to develop holistic and inclusive complaints handling systems;
- Equip your stakeholders with the assurance that their concerns will be listened to, taken seriously and acted upon;
- Implement transparent frameworks for responsibility sharing and avoiding concentration of influence amongst a select few; and
- Deliver on your social mission.