Participation in the Future City Public Art Project is by Expression of Interest.
EOIs for Stage 1 – Public Murals and Installations opened on 9 November 2020 and closed on 3 January 2021.
EOIs for Stage 2 – Public Sculpture will be announced in the second half of 2021. An EOI Brief and Submission Form will be made available on this website and shared through Orange Regional Gallery’s social media platforms. The EOI will also be advertised in local news media and relevant arts organisation calendars such as Arts OutWest and Arts Hub.
Submissions are assessed by a panel of industry professionals, community representatives and Orange City Council staff.
Stage 1 Selection Panel
Associate Professor Felicity Fenner – Public Art Advisor, Curator, Author and Lecturer
Aleshia Lonsdale – Artist, Curator and Aboriginal Arts Development Officer at Arts OutWest
Gillian Serisier – Design, Architecture and Arts Writer
Tony Cheney – Chair of the Orange Regional Arts Foundation
Nick Redmond – Manager Corporate and Community Relations, Orange City Council
Brad Hammond – Director Orange Regional Gallery, Orange City Council
Lucy Stranger – Curator, Orange Regional Gallery, Orange City Council
The selection panel assesses each application according to the following criteria:
- Successful integration of aesthetics, technical skill and conceptual rigour
- demonstrated ability to work on significant projects within timelines and budget
- previous relevant experience in the public realm
- ability to develop concepts and communicate ideas
- demonstrated ability to create work that engages with a broad public
- availability to work within the project timeline
- experience with materials of relevance to the required project outcome.
Selection panel members, Gillian Serisier, Felicity Fenner , Aleshia Lonsdale, Tony Cheney and Brad Hammond exploring potential public art sites, 2021.