Due to COVID-19, members of the public are asked to register their details and practice social distancing when attending a Council meeting in the Chambers at the Civic Centre, in line with recommendations from NSW Health.
It is planned that the video conference will also be live-streamed so it can viewed by the community. A recording of the Council meeting will be available for viewing as usual via the Council’s livestreaming channel on YouTube.
How can I view a live stream of the council meeting?
You can find out how to view a live stream of a meeting, or watch video recordings of past meetings on Council’s live stream page.
When is the next Council meeting?
You can find out when the next City Council meeting will be held in the list of dates of future meetings. You can view or download the agenda or business papers for the next meeting, as well as see an archive of business papers from past meetings on this page.
In the list of meeting dates, what’s the difference between a full Council meeting and a Policy Committee meeting?
As well as the full council meetings, the council members also meet as a number of ‘Policy Committees’ which debate the details of specific areas of the council’s work. All council members are also members of each policy committee.
- Planning and Development Committee (Planning, Building and Health policy matters including land use and Environmental Planning)
- Employment and Economic Development Policy Committee (Implementation of Jobs Creation Strategies, Employment, Economic Development)
- Infrastructure Policy Committee (Major projects, Roads, Water and current works)
- Sport and Recreation Policy Committee (Sport Planning and Development, Planning and Development for outdoor recreation, including events)
- Environmental Sustainability Policy Committee (Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, City Presentation and Promotion)
- Finance Policy Committee (City Council Financial Management)
- Services Policy Committee (Community and Social Services, Cultural Services, Development of Spring Hill, Lucknow and Clifton Grove)
Generally, the seven committees meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month, while full council meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
Where can I find out what topics will be raised at the meetings?
Two days before each council meeting, you can download the agenda for that meeting here. In the days after the meeting, you can also download the minutes (which detail the decisions taken) for each meeting.
Can I have my say at a council meeting about a topic that’s important to me?
Council Meetings (first and Third Tuesday of the month) can begin with a brief ‘open forum’ when local residents can have their say, but only about topics which are listed to be discussed at that meeting (ie: Items MUST be listed on the agenda for that meeting). Sometimes there are many residents wanting to speak, so the length of time for each speaker and the total number of speakers may be limited to two minutes.
The arrangements for community members to speak at a Council meeting, have changed with the decision to move meetings to a video-conferencing platform.
If you wish to speak during the open forum section of the meeting (using video conferencing) please contact the Council’s customer service team for more information or download and return this form to Council before 4pm on the day of the meeting.