Orange City Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified contractors for the construction of the $25 million Orange Regional Conservatorium and Planetarium.
The purpose of the EOI is to establish a shortlist of preferred contractors that will be invited to submit tenders for the project.
Orange Conservatorium and Planetarium Community Committee Chair, Councillor Kevin Duffy is pleased the project has reached this latest milestone.
“After many years of planning, I’m looking forward to seeing this much-needed facility get off the ground,” Cr Duffy said.
The project has received $10 million funding from the Australian Government, $10 million from Orange City Council and $5 million from the NSW Government.
The development, to be built in the Civic Square North Court, off March Street, includes a 3535 square-metre building which will contain:
- a 250-seat auditorium (with capacity built in for additional 48 seats or additional stage)
- a 74-seat planetarium auditorium
- 40 practice rooms, ensemble rooms and rehearsal spaces
- Front-of-house facilities including foyer, bar, kitchen, ticket office and amenities
- Back-of-house facilities comprising loading dock, stores, performer amenities and plant.
- office space, amenities and ancillary spaces
“The addition of a conservatorium and planetarium will transform the civic precinct into a world-class cultural hub, complementing our highly regarded museum, gallery and library,” Cr Duffy said.
Expressions of interest should be lodged online at http://www.tenderlink.com/orange by 2pm on Tuesday 31 January, 2023.