Orange City Council is writing to residents in the neighbourhood of a proposed child care centre in Kearneys Drive to keep them in touch with proposed new plans for the centre.
The letter is the latest outcome of a legal dispute in the Land & Environment Court between Orange City Council and the developers of the proposed new centre.
The neighbourhood letters are being sent to residents who made submissions to Council when the Development Application (DA) for the proposed child care centre at 4 Kearney’s Drive was being considered.
When the DA was refused by the Council the matter was taken to the Land and Environment Court.
The letter tells residents that a conciliation conference held as part of the court proceedings was terminated on 19 October 2021, when no agreement was able to be reached between the parties.
The Court has now fixed the matter for final hearing on 8 – 9 March 2022. The letter also tells residents that the applicant recently filed a new set of plans with the Court. When that was considered on Friday 10 December 2021, the Court agreed to allow the amended plans to be the basis of the upcoming hearing.
The amended plans include a larger two-storey building with space for 72 child care places, and underground basement parking with 18 spaces.
The Council letter invites residents to review and make submission on the amended plans which are on exhibition for community comment until Wednesday 19 January, 2022.
The exhibition documents will be available for viewing at:
- Council’s principal office at the Customer Service Counter, ground floor, Civic Centre – corner of Byng Street and Lords Place, Orange – during ordinary office hours, being 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, online on this page.
The letter also includes information about the option of giving evidence at the hearing in March.
Information about the new plans can be found here:
Exhibit Certificate PGC-1 – 07.12.21
1. Revised Site Survey – Tablelands & Buttsworth Surveyors – 14.10.21
2. Amended Architectural Plans (Rev D) – Creative Drafting Services
3. Amended Landscape Plan (rev FA) – Monaco Designs – 16.11.21
4. Amended stormwater concept drainage plan (rev A) – Telford Engineering – 03.12.21
5. Acoustic report – Renzo Tonin & Associates – 16.11.21
6. Tree Assessment and Transplant Methodology – Monaco Designs – 06.12.21
7. Addendum Statement of Environmental Effects – ABC Planning – 18.11.21
8. Plan of Management – ABC Planning – 18.11.21
9. Traffic report – Mclaren Traffic Engineering – 11.11.21
10. Revised Building Code of Australia indicative compliance report – Building Innovations Australia – 07.12.21
11. Revised accessibility indicative compliance report – Building Innovations Australia – 07.12.21
12. Revised Section J indicative compliance report – Building Innovations Australia – 07.12.21
I would like to comment or make a submission on this, how do I do that? I am a resident that lives within two properties of the the proposed centre
Hi Steven, this link contains information about making a submission https://www.orange.nsw.gov.au/making-a-submission/