Australia Day is fast approaching and nominations have opened for the 2022 Orange Australia Day 2022 Awards.
Orange Mayor Reg Kidd said the Orange Australia Day Awards are presented to local citizens or groups in recognition of outstanding achievement, or to acknowledge the significant contributions they make to the Orange community.
“Orange is a wonderfully giving community. There are hundreds of unsung heroes in our city whose commitment and dedication makes a significant, positive difference to someone else’s life,” he said.
“We all know someone who goes the extra mile, who gives up their time for the good of others and they deserve to be recognised.”
The six award categories are:
- The Citizen of the Year Award recognises an individual who has achieved something extraordinary, is an inspirational role model to others or who has made a sustained outstanding contribution to the local community.
- The Young Citizen of the Year Award recognises an individual under 25 years of age who has achieved something extraordinary, is an inspirational role model to others or who has made a sustained outstanding contribution to the local community.
- The Community Group of the Year Award recognises a group who has made a valuable contribution to the Orange community throughout the year.
- The Community Event of the Year Award recognises an event that has made a valuable contribution to the community. This will be determined both in relation to the quality of the event and the scope of impact on the local government area.
- The Local Legend Award recognises a person who has moulded the Orange local community with outstanding, illustrious or renowned achievement.
- The Business Philanthropy Award recognises a business that seeks to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money or services to the community and good causes.
Nomination forms can be found on Council’s website here or at the front counter at the Civic Centre building in Byng Street.
Nominations will be accepted until close of business on Wednesday 15 December.
The winners will be announced at Australia Day celebrations in Cook Park on Wednesday 26 January, 2022.