136 Aerodrome Road, Orange
02 6393 8000
Orange Regional Airport
Orange Regional Airport is a key transport hub for the central west, providing daily passenger connections with Sydney and a base for a growing number of aero-industry businesses.
The airport is located 15 kilometres south east of Orange. By car, the airport is 15 minutes drive from the centre of Orange.
The airport’s annual passenger numbers for 2017/18 were 70,412 , compared to 56,948 in 2016/17.
Regional Express Airlines ( www.rex.com.au ) provides regular passenger services between Orange and Sydney. The airport services a large regional area with 25 return flights to Sydney each week. For flight information ring Regional Express on 131713 or 02 6365 5263.
Fly Corporate ( flycorporate.com.au ) provides daily, return weekday flights between Orange, Brisbane and Melbourne offering business travellers an effective, convenient direct service to the Queensland and Victorian capitals. For holiday makers it also provides the opportunity to escape for a get-away weekend in Brisbane, Gold Coast or on the Sunshine Coast and surrounds.
The airport is owned, operated and maintained by Orange City Council. The City Council is aware of the importance of this gateway to Orange and the surrounding region and has continued to improve the quality of this facility.
|Orange Flight Centre Training||Flight training||(02) 6365 5503
0414 701 387
|Thomas Aviation||Flight training, joy flights||0428 359 590
|Central West Helicopter School||Flight training, joy flights & charter||(02) 6365 5479 www.centralwesthelicopterschool.com.au
|R & M Aircraft||Air fire operations||0437 871 225
|Wade Air||Avgas fuel, aviation radios and GPS equipment||(02) 6365 5111|
|City and Country Air Charters||Charter flights, joy flights, travel||Andrew Marsh 0418 450 321
|Aircraft Assemblers Australia||Aircraft maintenance and aircraft hire||(02) 6365 5490|
|Orange Helicopters||Charter & joy flights||(02) 6365 3731
0438 270 370
|Aero Refuellers||Jet A1 supply||0456 670 267|
|Orange Aero Club||www.orangeaeroclub.com.au|
|Avis||Car rentals||(02) 6361 9977|
|Hertz||Car rentals||(02) 6362 0644|
|Orange Taxis||Taxis||(02) 6325 0099|
The main runway (11/29) has a chip sealed surface and was reconstructed in 2014. The pavement is 30 metres wide by 2,213 metres long. The runway now has a classification of 39/F/C/X/T.
The cross runway (04/22) is clay-based and maintained as grass-covered and is 30 metres wide and 900 metres long.
- Taxiway Alpha leads from the main runway to the apron in front of the terminal.
- Taxiway Bravo leads form the main apron west to the end of 11 runway.
- Taxiway Charlie leads from Taxiway Bravo to the general aviation area, private hangars and Avgas refuelling.
- Taxiway Delta leads from Taxiway Bravo south to the general aviation area on the western side of the T-hangars.
- Taxiway Echo leads from Taxiway Bravo to Runway 04.
- There are four designated parking spaces on the main apron.
- There is pilot-activated, medium-intensity lighting on Runway 11/29 and Taxiway Alpha. Lights are activated through the Pilot-Activated Lighting System on frequency 119.0.
- Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) lights are located on the left hand approach side of 11 and 29.
- Runway Threshold Identification Lights are located on both 11 and 29.
- There are three illuminated wind indicators located on the aerodrome.
Automatic Weather Station
The automatic weather station is located to the north of the primary wind indicator. The weather information can be accessed by radio on frequency 128.8 or by phone: 02 + 6365 5186.
The air space around Orange airport is non-controlled. All aircraft communicate using CTAF frequency 119.0. This frequency has an Aerodrome Frequency Response Unit (AFRU) to advise pilots they are on the correct frequency.
The airport has an emergency stand-by generator that is automatically switched on when there is a mains power failure.
There are three fuel suppliers at Orange aerodrome.
|Avgas : Wade Air||(02) 6365 5111|
|Av-tur & JETA1 : Aero Refeullers||0456 670 267|
|Weekends by arrangement|
|Jet A1 : Orange Helicopters Fuel Tanker||0438 270 370
0438 270 374
Click this link to read the Orange Aerodrome Assest Management Plan 2018-19.
Plan your visit
Mon – Fri: 6:00am till 9:00pm
Weekends : The terminal is open one hour before a flight and closes about 30 mins after after a flight.
The terminal has a cafe providing refreshments and coffee.
The terminal has a meeting room which is available for hire. The room can be booked by contacting the airport manager on 0417 698 326.
The terminal waiting area has open desks which include power points.
- The terminal is wheelchair accessible.
- The terminal has a wheelchair accessible toilet.