Are you interested in organising an event on Council owned or managed land and not sure where to start?
Council is here to help you through the approval process to hold your event at a park, sports field or other recreation area within the Orange City Council Local Government Area.
Events are held for many reasons and can be in all shapes, sizes and locations. For this reason, Council classifies events into two different categories and has developed a range of resources to assist you.
Category 1 Events
Small events such as a wedding ceremony, birthday party or small school sporting event are classified as a Category 1 event if :
- the event is not open to the public
- no more than 150 people will be attending
- no alcohol will be sold
- no food will be sold
- no mechanical amusement rides will be present, and
- no traffic disruption will occur.
If a small event is held on private property, Council approval is not required.
Category 2 Events
Large events such as festivals, markets, car shows and fundraisers are classified as a Category 2 event if they include any of the following :
- the event is open to the public
- more than 150 people will be attending
- alcohol will be sold
- food will be sold
- mechanical amusement rides will be present
- there will be traffic disruption or a road closure
- there will be noise/parking implications
- there will be large temporary structures/stages, or
- there will be fireworks displays
For any event conducted on Council owned or managed land, the following documents have to be submitted to Council at least 21 days prior to the event :
- Completed Category 1 or Category 2 Event Application Form
- Public Liability Insurance, to a minimum value of $10 million and noting Orange City Council as an interested party
- Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Site Plan
Depending on the nature of your event, these guides and templates may assist in providing the correct information in the above checklist to Council.
More Guides and Resources
These other guides and resources have been developed to assist you in planning your next event :
If you have any questions or queries about organising an event at a Council owned or managed venue, please contact Council on (02) 6393 8000.