A proposal by Housing Plus to build units in Forbes Road has been placed on exhibition for community comment by Orange City Council.
Housing Plus has submitted a DA for a site at 78 Forbes Road in Orange to construct 26 residential units.
The proposed dwellings would be occupied by eligible tenants under the NSW Government’s ‘Social and Affordable Housing Fund’, and are particularly intended for the ageing (over 55) population. It is not guaranteed that the dwellings will be occupied exclusively by this demographic.
The proposal is to develop the site for multi-dwelling housing. The proposed project includes:
- demolition of the existing dwelling house and associated domestic structures
- tree removal to accommodate building footprints and internal roads, etc
- construction of 14 separate buildings containing 26 dwellings (12 x one bedroom dwellings and 14 x two bedroom dwellings)
- site landscaping including replacement trees
- two communal bin storage areas
- fencing to the Forbes Road frontage, side and rear boundaries and between the proposed dwellings
- driveway access via Forbes Road and shared internal roads, and
- provision of 47 onsite parking spaces for residents and visitors.
More information about the proposal can be inspected at the Customer Service counter of the Orange Civic Centre during normal business hours.
The proponent’s ‘Statement of Environmental Effects’ includes more information about the project.
For easier download, the components of the document can be downloaded from these links :
You can find more information here about making a submission to Orange City Council about a planning matter.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, 24 May 2019.