Orange City Council is writing to nearby residents about plans for an upgrade to Ploughmans Lane between Escort Way and Cargo Road.
The project will involve:
- Stabilisation of the foundations of the existing road to improve strength,
- The addition of a gravel overlay to further improve the pavement strength,
- A hot mix asphalt surface.
Under the NSW Roads Act 1993 Section 29, Council is required to give residents advance notice when the level of the road is to be altered. This project is expected to increase the height of the road surface by up to approximately 250mm (25cm) at the centreline of the road. There are only a small number of rural driveways in this section of Ploughmans Lane. The height of the road verge will be adjusted as part of the project, however there will be no change to driveway heights at the property boundary.
Plans can be viewed online or at the Orange City Works Depot at 270 McLachlan Street (Monday to Friday 7 am to 4pm). For convenience please phone ahead to make an appointment so that a council officer can be available to explain the plans and answer any questions you may have.
Adjoining land owners are entitled to make submissions to council about the proposed road alteration. All submissions are to be made to council by 07 October 2020 through the following avenues:
- Send a letter to the General Manager, Orange City Council, PO Box 35 Orange 2800
- Or send an email to email@example.com