Corner of Hill & Warrendine Streets
02 6363 3000
Swim all year round at the indoor Orange Aquatic Centre. Located on the corner of Hill Street and Warrendine Street, the Orange Aquatic Centre is centrally located and open every day except Christmas Day and Good Friday. The indoor 25-metre pool is heated to a balmy 28 degrees all year around.
Normal opening hours for the pool are Monday to Friday 5.30am to 7.30pm, Saturdays 5.30am to 7pm, and Sunday 8am to 7pm.
Check out our facilities at the Aquatic Centre
Active supervision at public pools consists of four key elements:
Be Prepared: Ensure you have everything you need before getting into the water, such as towels and dry clothes.
Be Close: Always be within arms’ reach of your child.
All of Your Attention: Focus all of your attention on your child and get into the pool and talk and play with them.
All of the Time: You should never leave your child alone in the water, nor should they be left in the care of an older child or with the assumption that your responsibility diminishes due to the presence of lifeguards.
We are a Keep Watch facility in partnership with Royal Life Saving Australia
0-5 YEAR OLDS & NON-SWIMMERS: Stay within arms’ reach
- All children under five must be within arm’s reach of a parent or carer
- Any child under five not within arm’s reach of a responsible carer will be taken out of the water
- Please take children with you if you need to leave the pool for any reason.
6-10 YEAR OLDS & WEAK SWIMMERS: Be close, be prepared and maintain constant visual contact
- Please take children with you if you need to leave pool or poolside for any reason.
11-14 YEAR OLDS: Maintain Visual Contact
Please be aware:
- If your child is under 12 we recommend you are either in the water with them or at the closest entry point to the pool.
- Our staff have been directed to remove any child from the water if they are not being ‘actively supervised’ by a parent or carer.
- The decisions of lifeguards are final, regardless of a child’s swimming ability.
Please respect our staff and their actions. They are here for your safety.
Our lifeguards do their best to watch everyone as often as possible but our lifeguards aren’t ever going to be as effective as a watchful, attentive parent or carer. Distractions are dangerous, take this opportunity to put down the phone, the laptop or the newspaper and jump in the pool with your child. Play games and have some quality, uninterrupted time together.
|General Single-entry Admission Charges|
|Child (aged 5-7)||$5.50|
|Child (aged 1-4)||$2.40|
|Child under 12 months, with paying guardian||Free|
|Family Day Pass||$18.90|
|Adult 10 visit pass||$66.40|
|Basketball or volleyball court use only||$2.20|
|Aqua Aerobics Class|
|Adult 10-visit pass||$68.40|
|Child / Concession 10-visit pass||$49.00|
LEARN TO SWIM
The Orange Aquatic Centre runs its own multi-accredited swim school with Austswim, Swim Australia and Royal Life Saving qualified swim instructors. Our instructors are trained in multiple specialist skills delivery, including Infants & Preschool, Swimming and Water Safety, Adults, All Abilities, Competitive Strokes and Coaching qualifications.
The Orange Aquatic Centre currently has over 2000 participants per term.
We run both term-based and Holiday Intensive lessons.
Classes run in line with the NSW public school term, with sessions held once a week. Infants, Tots and Preschool lessons are offered Monday to Saturday, 9am-12pm.
School-age and squads are offered Monday to Friday, 3.30pm-6pm and Saturday 9am-12pm.
Classes run during school holiday periods. We generally offer preschool through to level 4 as well as specialist skills clinics, between 9am and 12pm.
Please contact the Learn to Swim coordinators via email at [email protected]
Please give the following details
- Parent’s name:
- Date of birth:
- Child’s name:
- Date of Birth:
- Preferred day/time:
- Details of the participant’s previous learn to swim experience, including where they were most recently enrolled and the level they attended. If you have a recent progress report, provide this too. This information helps us enrol your child in the correct level.
If your child is younger than 5 years old, or has no lesson history, we will discuss with you the most appropriate level. If your child is older than 5 years old and has had lessons before (and you are unable to provide adequate information) we will have the child perform a swimming assessment to ensure we book them into the correct level.
You can contact the Orange Aquatic Centre on (02) 6363 3000 to inquire about lessons. All booking will be done via email.
Classes are charged per class, per week. (So, a nine-week term will be cheaper than an 11-week term).
Full payment is due prior to your first lesson. This includes any amounts you wish to use an Active Kids or First Lap Voucher for.
From Term 4 2022, all bookings must be paid at the time of booking, or a direct debit payment plan entered into.
How to pay
Step 1: Provide your voucher for processing.
- Active Kids Vouchers must be emailed to [email protected]. We are unable to process them any other way.
- First Lap Vouchers can be emailed to [email protected], or processed at the Aquatic Centre between 9am and 6pm Monday – Friday when program staff are in the office.
Step 2: Pay your balance.
We now have a variety of ways to pay for classes:
- in person at the centre,
- via credit card over the phone,
- by direct deposit or online through the active carrot portal https://secure.activecarrot.com/?site=1362
Illness and medical certificates
It’s important to keep our instructors well and protect other class participants from becoming ill. Please do not attend the swim school if you have flu-like or gastro-like symptoms.
Please email [email protected] if you are displaying these symptoms and do not attend lessons. If you provide a medical certificate for the ill participant, your account can be credited for the lesson not attended.
If your child requires a lengthy recovery time, i.e., a fractured limb, please email us and provide a medical certificate we can pause your class-booking until they are fit to attend.
In some circumstances, you won’t need to provide a medical certificate. Simply email us with information:
- if your child has a ‘hand-foot-and-mouth’ skin infection
- if your child has gastro (specifically diarrhoea) symptoms. NSW Health requires a two-week exclusion (after all diarrhoea symptoms have ended) from public pools. Email us and we will raise a two-week credit. If the illness extends, update us and we will rectify.
- Covid/Flu/RSV. Email us the NSW Health Notification.
- other extenuating circumstances. Email us with an explanation and we will credit where we can.
We want to remain as flexible as possible for our families, so if you aren’t sure about something, please contact us to discuss, we will help where we can.
Who can use the learn to swim program?
Any member of the community.
Community groups, School groups, Adult groups, Sporting groups.
Please contact [email protected] to enquire about a program.
|Little Penguins||6 to 12 month olds||30 minutes|
|Rock Hopper |
|12 to 18 months old||30 minutes|
|Emperor Penguins||18 to 24 months old||30 minutes|
|2 years to 2.6 years||30 minutes|
|2.6 years to 3 years||30 minutes|
|Sea Horse||Ages 3 to 5 years old||30 minutes|
|Sea Star||Ages 3 to 5 years old||30 minutes|
|Octopus||Level 1 |
5 years + to Adults
|Seals||Level 2||30 minutes|
|Otters||Level 3||30 minutes|
|Turtles||Level 4||30 minutes|
(Pre mini squad)
|Level 5||45 minutes|
|Water Safety||Aqua babies to Level 5||Last Week of every Term|
|Mini Squad||Level 6||1 hour|
|Junior Squad||Level 7||1 hour|
|Social Squad||Adults||1 hour|
A water polo competition runs in the outdoor pool on Thursday evenings during the Summer. There are currently eight senior teams and four junior teams.
Our season starts in October.
You can stay in touch with the latest information about the water polo competition on the Aquatic Centre Facebook page.
New teams and individual players can register for the next comp here.
AQUA AEROBICS AND AQUA ZUMBA
Orange Aquatic Centre offers Aqua Aerobics and Aqua Zumba.
Tuesday: 9am (shallow) and 10am (deep)
Thursday: 9am (shallow) and 10am (deep)
Contact the Centre for more information.
Plan your visit
- Mon – Fri: 5.30am till 7:30pm
- Sat: 5.30am till 6pm
- Sun: 8.00 am to 6pm
- Public Holidays: 12:00pm-5:00pm
The Centre may close early due to the weather or low seasonal patronage. If in doubt, please phone ahead (02) 6363 3000 before travelling to the centre, or visit the Centre’s Facebook page where staff aim to provide details of last-minute and unscheduled closures.
- Heated outdoor 50 metre pool with 9 lanes
- Heated diving pool with two diving boards and 10m tower
- Heated indoor 25 metre pool with eight lanes
- Heated children’s leisure pools with water features
- Beach volleyball courts
- Basketball court
- Grandstand with shade covering
- Automatic doors
- Water wheel chair
- Wheel chair access
- Accessible changing rooms
- Accessible toilet and shower
- Address: Corner of Hill & Warrendine Streets
- Phone: 02 6363 3000
- Email: [email protected]