Explore scientific principles in the Library Kitchen – with explosive results!
Our STEM Kitchen experts are donning their protective goggles and putting the clean-up crew on standby because things are going to ERUPT in the Library Kitchen!
Become an amateur volcanologist these holidays as we explore the scientific principles of chemical reactions and nucleation and learn about geophysics, geochemistry and seismology.
That’s right; it’s time to make a volcano!
Wear some old clothes, because this can get messy!
We are running two sessions of this activity:
- Monday 5 July 2021 – 10:00am-11:30am
- Wednesday 7 July 2021 – 10:00am-11:30am
Please only book each child into one of these sessions, as numbers are limited.
This activity is designed for children aged 8 and over.
Tickets available for registration Monday 21 June 2021 at 7:00pm. Please do not worry about printing tickets, our staff will happily check you in on the day.
Should you have any queries, please contact us on 6393 8132 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings must be made by parent/guardian.
- Separate bookings must be made for each child attending.
- Children under the age of 12 will need to be signed in and out by a parent/guardian/authorised adult.
- Children’s medical and allergy information must be disclosed upon registration.
- Please only book for one Science in the Kitchen Session, as numbers are limited.
- Attendees at this event may be photographed/recorded with such images/footage being used for promotional purposes by Central West Libraries and Orange City Council on websites, social media, and in newspapers. Please indicate permission upon registration.
** COVID-19 GUIDELINES **
Our events are impacted by Covid-19 guidelines in the following ways:
- If your child sick, please do not attend, as they could endanger all Library visitors.
- Spaces are very limited. If you cannot attend please cancel via Eventbrite, so that your spot can be offered to those on the waitlist.
- Hand sanitisers must be used upon entry.
- Physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m must be respected.
- Participants who do not follow these guidelines may be asked to leave the session by Library Staff.