Welcome back to the Orange Civic Theatre
Updated as at 22/12/2020
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the theatre. We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit.
You can find all our COVID Safety measures on this page. With a joint effort from us all, we can come together to enjoy the theatre again.
Throughout the pandemic, the Orange Civic Theatre has compiled with the advice of government and health authorities.
From January 1st 2021, changes come into effect. Performances at the Orange Civic Theatre will comply with these changes. We will move to 75% capacity and no social distancing in the theatre i.e. no vacant seats between people.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- When in the auditorium: With no social distancing, the Government advice recommends the wearing of face masks while in the auditorium for all audience members. Masks will be available from the Orange Civic Theatre Front of House staff upon request, or you are welcome to bring your own.
- When in other areas: Social distancing must be adhered to while in the foyer, queuing for entry, or visiting the bar and restrooms.
- The requirement continues for compulsory digital check-in upon entry via QR code for all audience members. Orange Civic Theatre staff will be on hand to assist with check-in at the main foyer doors.
- Theatre capacity reduced: Capacity regulations on indoor gatherings require 1 person per 2m² or up to 75% capacity, so our total theatre capacity is reduced. Please be aware that tickets may be in high demand and could sell out quicker than usually expected.
- Interval extended to 30 minutes: This will allow time for exit/re-entry, bar sales, and visiting the restroom without overcrowding.
- Alcoholic beverages from the bar must be consumed while sitting.
- Cash payments discouraged: Please pay with credit or debit card to reduce contact and cash handling for you and our staff. This will keep you safe and make service quicker! We accept Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS cards at the Box Office and Bar.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes: High contact areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised.
- Sanitiser provided throughout the building: Please continue to practice good hand hygiene when using restrooms, and use the hand sanitiser provided while moving through the venue.
- Staff training in COVID Safety: Our staff are educated on COVID-safe measures and abide by our COVID Safety Plan.
In the event of a performance being cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, the ticket buyer will be entitled to exchange their tickets to the new date or obtain a full refund when contacted by our Box Office staff at the time of cancellation.
Once tickets are exchanged for a rescheduled performance, the new transaction is final, and our standard refund/exchange policy will come into effect. Under this policy, tickets are not refundable and cannot be exchanged (except as set out in the LPA Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia).
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID test results, or have recently returned from overseas or a COVID Hotspot, please do not attend the theatre. You will be able to receive a refund. Please contact our Box Office via phone (02 6393 8111) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) up to 4 hours prior to your performance start time as indicated on your ticket.
If you notify the Box Office less than 4 hours before a performance commences, we are unable to issue a refund, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If you become unwell and are unable to attend, someone may attend in your place.
Please do not visit the Orange Civic Theatre if you:
- feel unwell
- have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
have returned from overseas or a hotspot area
We continue to take advice from the NSW Government Department of Health, as well as from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for the live performance industry.
We encourage you to download the COVID Safe App.