Orange Civic Theatre is a multipurpose venue located in Orange, in the central west of New South Wales.
The theatre offers a diverse annual program including many local, national and international touring productions. The 502 seat auditorium is a professional, user-friendly space with a raked, continental seating plan. Outlined by a traditional proscenium arch, the stage is equipped to suit a range of technical and performance requirements.
The theatre provides access for people with disabilities and ample off-street parking. A hearing loop has been installed which covers the entire auditorium. Wheelchair access to the teired auditorium is from the carpark side in Row E.
These fact-sheets and forms provide a range of specialist information about the theatre.
COVID-19 conditions of entry
Welcome back to the Orange Civic Theatre!
Updated as at 4/5/2021
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the theatre. We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit, so you can find all our COVID Safety measures on this page. With a joint effort from us all, we can come together to enjoy the theatre again. Please take the time to read these guidelines before attending a show.
In line with the latest Government legislation, face masks are no longer mandatory in the auditorium and no vacant seats are held between bookings. We are now operating at 100% capacity. Due to this we highly recommend that you continue to wear a face mask while in the theatre as you may be seated directly next to someone else.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Face masks highly recommended – Orange Civic Theatre recommends the wearing of face masks. If you didn’t bring one with you, they will be available from the Box Office.
- No vacant seats between bookings – the NSW Department of Health no longer requires vacant seats to be left between bookings so you may be seated directly next to another member of the public.
- Compulsory digital check-in upon entry via QR code for all audience members. Theatre staff will be on hand to assist with check-in in the foyer. All children including babies must be included in your digital check-in as dependants.
- The length of interval will be extended to allow time for exit/re-entry, bar sales, and visiting the restroom without overcrowding
- Social distancing where practical – please observe social distancing where practical while in the foyer, queuing for entry, or visiting the bar and restrooms.
- Paperless tickets (book online!) – we encourage all patrons to book online to receive tickets by email. You can then simply show them to ushers on your mobile device to reduce contact and queuing at the Box Office (and paper saving!). Please do not print out your tickets.
- Cash payments discouraged – please pay with credit or debit card to reduce contact and cash handling for you and our staff. This will keep you safe and make service quicker! We accept Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS at the Box Office and Bar.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes – high contact areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised.
- Sanitiser provided throughout the building – please continue to practice good hand hygiene when using restrooms, and use the hand sanitiser provided while moving through the venue.
- Staff training in COVID Safety – our staff are educated on COVID Safety measures and abide by our COVID Safety Plan.
In the event of a performance being cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, the ticket buyer will be entitled to exchange their tickets to the new date or obtain a full refund when contacted by our Box Office staff at the time of cancellation.
Once tickets are exchanged for a rescheduled performance, the new transaction is final, and our standard refund/exchange policy will come into effect. Under this policy, tickets are not refundable and cannot be exchanged except as set out in the LPA Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID test results, or are currently required to self-isolate, please do not attend the theatre. You will be able to exchange to another show or receive a refund. Please contact our Box Office via phone (02 6393 8111) or email ([email protected]) up to 4 hours prior to your performance start time as indicated on your ticket. If you notify the Box Office within 4 hours of a performance commencing, we are unable to issue credit, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If you become unwell and are unable to attend, someone may attend in your place.
Please do not visit Orange Civic Theatre if you:
- feel unwell
- have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- are currently required to self-isolate
We continue to take advice from the NSW Government Department of Health, as well as from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for the live performance industry.
Plan your visit
Orange Civic Theatre offers a diverse annual program including many local, national and international touring productions. The 502 seat auditorium is a professional, user-friendly space with a raked, continental seating plan. Outlined by a traditional proscenium arch, the stage is equipped to suit most technical requirements.
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
- Tables and chairs
- Box office
- Licensed bar (Pre show beverages and snacks available. Not to be consumed inside auditorium)
- Street and off street parking
- Ample off street parking
- Wheelchair access to the auditorium is on the carpark side in Row E
- Hearing loop which covers the entire auditorium
- Automatic doors
- Accessible toilets
The Orange Civic Theatre provides access for people with disabilities and ample off-street parking. Orange Civic Theatre has installed a hearing loop which covers the entire auditorium.